Methodism in Steeple Ashton dates back to 1783 when people met in a labourer’s cottage and in 1797 several houses were licensed for meetings. In 1851 one room of a dwelling house was used exclusively for worship and in 1854 the Primitive Methodist Chapel, together with the adjoining cottages was built. The building was fitted out with new seating in 1914 with a capacity of 130.
The latest changes were made in 1991 when the whole building was refurbished and extended to provide a multipurpose room, two meeting rooms, kitchen and toilets including facilities for the disabled. The premises are now used for Worship Services, meetings, retreats, painting classes and many more activities.
The church is located at:
|Steeple Ashton, Trowbridge|
Steeple Ashton is sign posted from the A350 Trowbridge-Melksham road. The church is on the left as you enter the village
Times of services
Our Church meets at 9:15 every Sunday.
CAMEO (Come and Meet Each Other)
We run a group called CAMEO on Thursday afternoons from 2.30-4.00 pm at Steeple Ashton Methodist Church.
This is an opportunity for lonely people or carers to come for a break or bring their loved one for a chat and a cuppa. There is no charge and all are welcome.
This is the minister, Revd David Coppard
He can be contacted at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 01373 858805
He has pastoral responsibility for Warminster United, Westbury Methodist, Westbury URC, and Steeple Ashton.
Other key people
|Minister with pastoral care||Revd David Coppard|
|Secretarial Contact||Mrs Alison Evans|
|Treasurer||Mr Martin Wilson|
|Property||Mr Douglas Belsom|
|Senior Stewards and Diary||Pauline and Maurice Tiller|